As/Is







10.29.2003



yesterday, tuesday 10/28/03, I did a visiting writer's gig at The Hospitality House Writers Group, in the San Francisco Tenderloin, run by Yedda Morrison. I have done many of these visiting writer gigs, and what I noticed about this small outpost, miles away from academic circles was a adventuresome spirit in writing and pretty good understanding of writing that is often not found. for the first hour, we talked about my new book iduna from OBooks... they all had some brilliant insightful questions... the kind that kept me on my toes... and there there was a 45 min. open mike..I was the featured reader... all I can say was this experience was wonderful, and though one could credit to all involved since it was such a group event, I think there needs to be a huge acknowledgment of Yedda who has run the writing workshop (I think she said) for the last 3 years and done a wonderful wonderful job..