As/Is







5.20.2008


Quotes from Unquotable Sources' Lulu Street Entrance

The matrix of ages lays waste to the streets
Runs guns out of Macy’s

Statistically

The Latin’s in ruins
Shoots off its mouth

A churl on infamous wig night
I swell among peonies
I dose my old image

A side dish of dada
Appears out of Lucite


*


A seventh lodestone angles at distance
The mind of a kilo

The language falls sideways
Toppled by lodestones

A rope round the yard
A lanyard on Hye St.

After all it is august


*


My shoes seem aware

My henchmen’re herons whose gonads
Speak ladders


*


I clamor
Insanely

I lack but
A doll’s head

I’m fluent
In water


*


Potato salad screen door follows antiquity
Singing of summer

& murder with dentures has long skinny arms
Sick little clues

I wonder whose
Nexus stands over there

Today I make tuna
Toasted up nicely

Dada’s a fire door
Open when closed


*


The outlaws ride west meaning dada’s poetics
Not water’s a bus

Grange & butte rise up past the moon dogs

Stop canvassing outlaws!


*


In Lawrence Ferlinghetti
One is a mirror
Sounding like joy

He shapes all the apples
Till one has a voice

I come & I go
Licking my chops

& still I won’t drink
The lake has no fish