As/Is







12.29.2010


Pudding Pops Y Bueno!

I
Duchamp typed ‘DUCHAMP’ in 20 fonts
& ran it thru the system
)FRANKRUEHL( wept & went out
)GUL Inche( smiled wryly with porcupine teeth on his ant face,
Kept ranting:

Machinegunmachine
Machinegunmachine

There was this sense someone had SPAM
On the back burner FOR SALE

They’ve got the BEANS! Duchamp railed.
It’s all over but the sentencing.

& so all was done wrongly
& tale ended

But Duchamp refused to relent /
Waited bleached magnificent 7s
for scalpel mIEKAL aND
thin & darkness
stick people people

to archive arachnids
to innovate a walrus
(with accent over oeia) a polyp

& cheap polyesterdays

whose foot
a dream his dream sped up
his animated verse
to UFO

Whose last name was Halibut
His isobars crammed into Io's vibrant light

II
Duchamp’s peeping PEEPING
perception of
stick figure figures
dotes on messianic messy messes
appears torpedoed

The questions are pop ups
Seem tardy as a rule

some like a cop
who visits the coop

only in shoes in boots
in flip flops
he dreams he has rockets
the piles he downloads

His row boat Duchamp
police dogging
& south of

writing: little little,
these lines are too much fast!

Invent a slow. & mEIKAL aND

III
I am curtained in BLACK onomatopoeia
I prohibit a stalemate

I am over &
over a hillock

My dynamism DUCHAMP pungent as

BANG!
I am taunting the bungler

My RUBBER ducky Duchamp
Machined like a sentence
Redacted to bubbles
Of he & I & we
& was & is

My bubble bath as blue as
A Singapore sling

I wander in lathered & mapped & lathered again

& so days follow weeks follow hand puppets.
a fridge
observing the outposts of social disorder

where I am Duchamp
the brain of GUL Inche

I utter
I swim

I am a seal

the tall corn
Of Iowa

My laugh is a life boat
Spritzing witch hazel

I am Duchamp
In a valise
Of Kansas Jaycees

I burn down the cows
At maison
de Gaulle

I sit at the zinc end
of mad raison d’etre in Cabaret Voltaire

My head into solstice
Arrives posing as winter

The voice I allude to
Is the house that I eat at

I eat off the shelf looking up books

I turn looking
to my left

& stand up erect
Twiddling my thumbs

My play is grotesque
an hour
Of tooting

I am 1 cm swinging & swinging
Duchamp overhead

I am basic as cable bag o’cats Duchamp

& singing bohemia

Balls on the mannequins
Balls on the tedium

Duchamp during hours
At the Crocodile Mall

IV
Article of FaithSAUNAKNEECAP
In spanglish drama class: ALE, duckling DUCHAMP,went _ailing:
(s) (missingApril May June July
&… tyPoe
&…What the HELL was going on here?!
Both alfalfa aND omega?!
What did: TROUT BONE as/king FIDDLE TROUT mean?
?a duckling FUCKING artifact / matter of practice
DUCHAMP/ over sensibility? What
DUCHAMP went _ailing; went S-S-S-ing blind as an alphabet
Scold as an ocean? Was it aND / or a shell game?
Was it ’09 ’08 ’07 Anno Domini?
Or 10:52 in the piss of the moUrning?

Duchamp typed ‘DUCHAMP’ in risky flesh
& ran it thru the santa clause

Duchamp ate Nebraska for breakfast
Got heartburn for lunch
Got carry out for supper
In this manner a reverse code
Or MIRROR SEQUENCES OF CODE DIFFERENTIALS were established:
Line 1: HAGGIS
Line 2: HAGGIS HAGGIS HAGGIS
HAGGIS Line 3: HAGGIS
HAGGIS HAGGIS
HAGGIS HAGGIS.

This code breaking lasted all evening,
All August,
All 5th inning,
& Fall quarter
at Brown

V
EXIT: DUCHAMP [bent as a nail]
ENTER: mIEKEL aND
EXIT: DUCHAMP [pasty & clammy]
ENTER: DUCHAMP [fat little placenta]
EXIT: mIEKEL aND
ENTER: DUCHAMP [suppose he is dead]
EXIT: Haggis a pole cat equals (=) ENTERDUCHAMP
ENTER: bodily bodily Joseph Beuys
EXIT: stump the orchestral
equals (=) equals (=) purple purple purple time
ENTER: color the beet people
Equals (=) equals (=) equals (=) equals (=)

a pause

ANDALUS DUCHAMP; kept ranting/repeated:
Equals (=) equals (=) equals a paws

“I’m getting BATANG! BATANG,” shouted Duchamp.
“I’m selling my rotten potatYOES, tomatYOES
What-have-you
& GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THE BUSINESS!”

VI
to bloviate the charm school
he skites like a ball peen

his rhetoric will spiel duchamp’s own Duchamp
with accent over
child proof

an hour’s the price
he is hopping to safety

In a hiccup of love
& so

soup in a cup
I bury ducHamp,

His remarkable boot into his last favorite foot

what bath in a contest
Was Duchamp in a closet?